As an Installation Technician, one will be responsible for successfully installing the A/V equipment for the customer. An Installation Technician must be able to partner well with others, take good initiative and problem-solve to ensure a customer’s expectations are met, if not exceeded, in the completion of a project.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Installs ceiling speakers in a drop ceiling or hard ceiling environments
- Maintains job site cleanliness throughout various stages of the installation
- Reads and understands architectural drawings; successfully executes according to the plans
- Stages equipment and prepares materials at the warehouse.
- Installs cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks, or D-rings) as per industry standards
- Assists in build-out of telecommunication and equipment rooms; dresses and routes cable into telecommunications closets, modular furniture, and other work area outlets
- Installs terminates, tests, troubleshoots, and labels cables (Cat5e/Cat6, RJ45, 1/8” ¼”, XLR, NL4, Coax, RS232, adaptors, jacks, patch panel, wall plates, etc.); cleanly laces cables using velcro in an organized manner; fire stops various types of cable penetrations
- Mounts TVs, Projectors (keystone), Speakers, Video cameras, Rack and Stack Hardware (switches, routers, servers); coordinates power with an electrician
- Documents drawings, serial numbers, project changes/issues and communicates to project manager to ensure successful completion of the project and installation
- Establishes a sound working relationship with other team members, customers, and vendors to ensure a successful product installation; serves as an install assistant to more senior technicians when needed to complete larger, more complex projects
- Ensures customer site and van are appropriately cleaned of boxes and tools at the completion of a project
- Makes material purchases when needed to complete a project
- Obtains project sign-off as needed
- Articulates customer’s problems and researches solutions; properly documents the issue(s), materials required and solution when onsite
- Tests pin-out and re-terminates Cat5/6 cable
- Cycles system properly and recedes all connections
- Cleans filters, replace projector bulbs, and keystone
- Documents drawings, serial numbers, service changes/issues and communicates to project manager to ensure successful completion of the request
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to be resourceful; independently seeks out solutions to remove barriers and obstacles
- Ability to take direction and successfully execute installation requirements
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings to successfully execute a project
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional manner
- Strong emotional intelligence with the ability to have tact, patience, and courtesy when communicating and interacting with others
- Strong self-discipline; self-starter who delivers quality work with a high sense of urgency and accountability
- Works cooperatively with other team members; has an all for one, one for all mentality
- 2 years in the A/V, low voltage, security industry preferred
- CTS, CTS-I, DCJS preferred but not required
- A high school degree required
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required for team members that may operate company vehicles.
Work is performed in various environments with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand, and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end equipment and electrical components and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members will be asked to work in multiple locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by PAV.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and do not tolerate the behavior, harassment, discrimination, or prejudice based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.